Anti Reflective coating and cleaning tips
Adding anti-reflective coating makes your visual quality clearer and sharper when compared to standard lenses and reduces reflections and glare from computer screens and especially when night driving, the headlights can be a pain.
If you look in the mirror in glasses with standard lenses, you will see that you can't see your eyes clearly. If you look in the mirror with anti reflective coated lenses, you will see that they look cosmetically way better (see image)
You will be able to see your eyes, this is especially important when people are looking at you (for eye contact) or when you’re having a photograph taken.
It’s interesting to know that these lenses don’t get any dirtier than without the coating however, the smudges show up way more, especially when we wear face creams and make up.
So here’s a couple of tips that help keep the lenses clean:
Using a special optical spray and a clean microfiber cloth is all you’ll need for most of the time however, here's some tips to give your glasses a good clean.
How to give your glasses a good clean.
- Wash and dry your hands thoroughly.
- Before cleaning your eyeglasses, make sure your hands are free from dirt, grime, lotion and anything else that could be transferred to your lenses
- Rinse your glasses under a gentle stream of lukewarm tap water.
- Apply a small drop of lotion-free dishwashing liquid to each lens.
- Most dishwashing liquids are very concentrated, so use only a tiny amount.
- Gently rub both sides of the lenses and all parts of the frame for a few seconds.
- Rinse both sides of the lenses and the frame thoroughly. Failing to remove all traces of soap will cause the lenses to be smeared when you dry them.
- Gently shake all excess water from your lenses, you don't want them to be left with smears.
- Apply a small amount of lens cleaning solution to each lens.
- Gently rub both sides of the lenses and all parts of the frame with a clean lint-free cloth.
IMPORTANT: Wash your cloth regularly, all the dirt from your glasses stick to the cloth.
Please know that if you’re still not happy I will remake the lenses without the coating.